Collection of Personal Information
Through the website, we may collect, store, and utilize the following types of information.
- (a) The information provided when registering with our website;
- (b) any of the other personal information that is sent by the user to us;
- (c) the information provided when subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters, including username and email ID;
- (d) the information provided during the use of the services on our website, or information created while using such services. This may include frequency, timing, and pattern of service use;
- (e) the information about a user’s personal computer or laptop, the use of this website along with the (internet protocol) IP address, operating system, location, browser version and type, referral source, page views, duration of the visit, and website navigation paths;
- (f) the information related to any purchase made on our website or any transactions the user enters into through our website. This may include the user’s name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and debit or credit card details;
- (g) the information provided while completing a user profile on the website. This includes the user’s name, gender, address, date of birth, profile pictures, relationship status, interests and hobbies, education details, and employment details;
- (h) user information posted on our website for publication on the Internet. Such information may include username, profile pictures, and other related content of the posts; and
- (i) the information associated with any communication sent through our website or sent to us. This may include content and metadata related to the communication.
Users must note that it is mandatory to obtain the consent of another person before disclosing the person’s personal information to us
No Information Collected from Children
Third-party companies provide third-party advertisements on our websites and other such websites where we advertise. These third-party companies use the information of user visits to our website. Whenever these advertisements are displayed to the user, the third-party companies place their unique cookies on the user’s browser. Through these cookies, ads are displayed whenever users visit the site. Also, the website may utilize web beacons that are offered by third-party advertising companies for the supervising online advertisements. Using web beacons, the website can recognize the cookies as and when the user visits the website. The web beacons also allow the site to recognize banner ads that directed the user to the website.
Web Beacons: These are programming code used for the display of an image on a web page. Web beacons are utilized to transfer the unique user identification of the user to a database. This unique user identification is usually in the form of a cookie, which is utilized to link the individual user to the acquired information in the database. Web beacons help in the tracking of individual online visits to the website. Such tracking enables the regulation of services and products that a user may be interested in. Also, this allows the tracking of online behavioral patterns of users for marketing purposes.
Cookies: These are small data parts created by a web server. Cookies are distributed through a web browser and stored on the user’s computer. These help in the tracking of the online patterns and preferences of the user. Additionally, cookies help to identify the user as a return visitor. These also create customization of a user’s web experiences so the user does not need to add every information, every time they visit the website. The users visiting the website have to accept the cookies whenever they visit the site to get access to all the features.
IP Address: The website gathers the user’s IP address to ascertain problems with our server and manage issues. IP is the number assigned to a user’s computer whenever they use the Internet. IP address is required to recognize a user during any online session. Also, it is used for the collection of data based on demographics.
Usage Tracking and Log Files: The website tracks associated information of all the web pages viewed by visitors. Also, the website tracks all the information related to every hyperlink clicked by the user as and when they visit any of our websites or while viewing our emails. Log files are utilized for tracking and monitoring of member usage.
Use of Personal information
The personal information received by us via the website shall be used only for specific purposes mentioned in the policy.
We may utilize the personal information provided by the user to:
- (a) manage the website and business;
- (b) make modifications to the website;
- (c) allow the use of website services;
- (d) send the goods to the user purchased on our website;
- (e) offer the user the services purchased on our website;
- (f) send statements, invoices, and reminders of payments to the user;
- (g) send user notices through emails, which are specifically requested by the user;
- (h) collect payments from the user;
- (i) send our email newsletter, in case these are specifically requested by the user (the user may also notify us in case they do not want to receive newsletters);
- (j) provide information on statistics to third parties about the users (the third parties will not be able to recognize any particular user from the information provided);
- (k) send non-marketing communications;
- (l) secure and safeguard the website from any fraudulent activities;
- (m) send marketing communications connected to our business either by post or by email, which has been specifically requested by the user (the user can notify us to stop sending these marketing communications if they no longer wish to receive these in the future);
- (n) check compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website (this also includes monitoring and scrutinizing the private messages sent through the private messaging service of the website); And
- (o) deal with complaints and enquiries made by or about the user to the website.
It should be noted here that no part of user personal information will be published on third-party companies for purposes such as direct marketing, without a consensus.
In the event a user provides any personal information to be published on the website, we shall publish the content and/or use the furnished data in concurrence with the license that the user has allowed to us. The user can use the privacy settings to stop the distribution of the personal information provided to our website. This can be changed using the privacy controls on the site.
All the financial transactions related to the website are managed by our payment service provider. We can share any personal information given by a user with our payment service provider for purposes including complaints, queries, and payments, and refunds.
Release of Personal Information
We may disclose users’ personal information:
- (a) to the extent that may be required by law;
- (b) to a buyer (or a prospective buyer) of any business that we are (or are considering) selling;
- (c) when it comes to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- (d) to exercise, establish, or protect our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of prevention of fraudulent activities and falling credit risk), and
- (e) to any person, who we think may apply to a court or other capable authority for disclosing that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order reveal of that personal information.
The COMPANY uses industry-standard guidelines for protecting and safeguarding individual data. Also, the COMPANY uses standard safety measures to prevent the misuse, change, or loss of data. Users are informed that the storage technique, or the measure of transmitted information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to save and shield our users’ personal information, we can’t ensure its complete security. Also, while we ensure to take all efforts to secure the networks and systems, we do not provide any guarantee that these security measures would stop any third-party hackers from unlawfully accessing the personal information.